CONGRATULATIONS Head Master Manuel Nieves and the new Proud Owner of Vision Martial Arts Studio located at 562 Union Avenue in Belleville, NJ formerly known as "International Martial Arts" for the past five years🥳. We wish you much success and prosperity as a new business owner in Belleville. 🥳🥋
The Suburban Essex Chamber of Commerce Foundation is offering three 2022 Scholarship Awards. The recipients must be a high school senior and reside in the towns that we support; Bloomfield, Belleville, Glen Ridge. The applications will be reviewed, and recipients will be selected by the scholarship committee. The criteria for the scholarships are based on their financial need, fall attendance at a college, university/vocational school, intention to pursue a career that is business oriented and extracurricular/community activities. The scholarship application includes the recipient’s application, 500-word essay, GPA scores, letters of recommendation and the acceptance letters from the college (s) of interest. Deadline April 29, 2022
To apply you must complete an application that is available at your high school guidance office or the chamber’s website: www.suburbanessexchamber.com. If you need an application to be emailed to you or have any questions, please feel free to contact Cecelia Polizzi or Donna Pietroiacovo at 973-748-2000.
THE BELLEVILLE MOTOR LODGE: MS. CECELIA POLIZZI, BUSINESS OWNER
BROOKDALE SHOPRITE: MR. NEIL GREENSTEIN, BUSINESS OWNER
BRONZE: MCLAUGHLIN & NARDI, LLC, MAURICE W. MCLAUGHLIN, ESQ.
PATRON: STATE FARM INSURANCE, MICHAEL BUSH, AGENT
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SPONSORSHIPS IN OUR SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Congratulations to our 2022 Newest Members!
* Natural Apothecary LLC, Gerald Feissner, Public Relations
* Konek Realty & Associates, Nicodouins Gedeon, Real Estate Broker of Record/ Founder
Membership RENEWALS in December!
Bloomfield Carpet and Tile, Joseph Sandora, Owner
Bloomfield Collision, Alex Rodriguez, Owner
Bloomfield College, Dr. Marcheta Evans, President
Brookdale Dental Group, Dr’s DeVincentis
Brookdale ShopRite, Neil Greenstein, Owner
Curcio Mirzaian Sirot LLC, Benjamin C. Curcio, Esq.
Harry Maroulakos, DC, FRCCM
McLaughlin & Nardi, LLC, Maurice McLaughlin, Esq.
Raymond P. Marzulli Co., Inc.
Step by Step Pediatrics, Dr. Sean A Flynn
TAPinto Bloomfield, Louis Venezia, VP Bus. Dev.
Thank you for your generous support!
WISHING YOU JOY THIS HOLIDAY SEASON AND A
NEW YEAR OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS AND PROSPERITY!
Angelo’s Restaurant and Pizzeria, BMW of Bloomfield, Belleville Councilman Vincent Cozzarelli, Bloomfield PBA Local# 32, Budget Print Center, Farmers Insurance, Doeman Agency, Ferrara’s Transmissions, Inc., Mosaic Dance Theater Company, Robert M. Hilowitz, Rudy’s Pastry Shop, State Farm Insurance, Michael Bush, Agent, Universal Technical Institute
Please patronize our local businesses for the holidays!
Contact: New Jersey Economic Development Authority
NJEDA Releases Amended Emerge Program Rules for Public Feedback
TRENTON, N.J. (November 17, 2021) – The New Jersey Economic Development Authority (NJEDA) today released for public feedback updated rules for the Emerge Program as amended by P.L. 2021, c. 160. Members of the public are encouraged to review the preliminary rules and submit written feedback through an online form available on the Economic Recovery Act website.
The Emerge Program is New Jersey’s new job creation incentive program created under the ERA. Through the program, small and large businesses, as well as non-profits, can apply for tax credits to support projects that meet minimum capital investment, job creation or retention, and other requirements. To date, the NJEDA has approved two projects through the Emerge Program to support more than 3,500 good jobs.
The updated rules are the result of statutory changes made by P.L. 2021, c. 160. The draft amended rules will be available for public comment until December 1, 2021. Members of the public can review the rules and provide comment at https://www.njeda.com/economicrecoveryact/program-specific-feedback/.
In addition to the Emerge Program, the ERA creates a suite of programs that includes tax credits to incentivize job creation, new construction, and revitalization of brownfields and historic properties; financial resources for small businesses; support for new supermarkets and healthy food retailers in food desert communities; new funding opportunities for early-stage companies in New Jersey; and support for the growing film and digital media industry. The NJEDA will continue to engage the public as new programs and rules are developed.
About the New Jersey Economic Development Authority
The New Jersey Economic Development Authority (NJEDA) serves as the State’s principal agency for driving economic growth. The NJEDA is committed to making New Jersey a national model for inclusive and sustainable economic development by focusing on key strategies to help build strong and dynamic communities, create good jobs for New Jersey residents, and provide pathways to a stronger and fairer economy. Through partnerships with a diverse range of stakeholders, the NJEDA creates and implements initiatives to enhance the economic vitality and quality of life in the State and strengthen New Jersey’s long-term economic competitiveness.
To learn more about NJEDA resources for businesses call NJEDA Customer Care at 609-858-6767 or visit https://www.njeda.com and follow @NewJerseyEDA on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
• Employers with more than 100 employees will need to implement a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for their employees — and offer a weekly testing alternative to those who refuse or are unable to receive a vaccine — by Jan. 4, 2022, according to an emergency temporary standard (ETS) issued Thursday by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
• In determining whether they meet the 100-employees threshold, employers must include all employees across all of their U.S. locations, regardless of employees' vaccination status or where they perform their work, per the ETS. Part-time employees do count towards the company total, but independent contractors do not. Additional sections of the ETS detail how the threshold should be determined in situations involving franchisees, multi-employer workplaces and staffing agencies.
• All covered employers are required by the ETS to bear the cost of providing up to four hours of paid time and reasonable paid sick leave needed to support vaccination, but where an employee chooses to remain unvaccinated, the ETS does not require employers to pay for the costs associated with regular COVID-19 testing or the use of face coverings. Some employees may be entitled to reasonable accommodation from their employer, absent undue hardship, due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Stakeholders have until 30 days after the date of the rule's publication to submit public comments.
NJ Business Action Center
33 West State Street
P.O. Box 820
Trenton, NJ 08625-0820
CONGRATULATIONS to Ms. Jocelyn Michaelson, Realtor, Sales Associate, Keller Williams Realty Metropolitan who recently became our newest membership addition!
Membership Renewals October
• America’s Mortgage Lender, Mr. Rafael E. Gavidia
• Bloomfield Parks, Recreation & Cultural Affairs
• International Martial Arts, Master Manuel Nieves
• IVYREHAB Physical Therapy, Michael Mossia, PT
• McCarthy’s Appraisal Services Inc.
• Nevada Diner
• Serenity Senior Care, Ms. Wanda Ince
• Wells Fargo, Francisco Branco, West Essex District Manager
PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR LOCAL MEMBERS BUSINESSES! Thank you!
Pfizer, Moderna and J&J Booster Shots at Essex County Sites
Essex County is currently offering Pfizer, Moderna and J & J booster shots for COVID-19 vaccines based on eligibility at the County’s current vaccination and testing locations: Sears (Livingston Mall), Kmart (West Orange) and Essex County College (Newark).
Check www.EssexCOVID.org for vaccine eligibility including eligibility to receive a booster shot.
Who is eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine in New Jersey? | FAQ https://covid19.nj.gov/pages/vaccine
Call 973-877-8456 or visit www.EssexCOVID.org to schedule a vaccine, booster shot or to schedule a COVID-19 test.
The center is in-network with Aetna, Horizon, BCBS, United Healthcare/Optum, Meritain & 1199 SIEU plans. We offer daytime, evening, and weekend appointment times. We work with couples, adults, teens, and children age 8 and above. Right now, we are offering tele-health sessions only but will be re-opening this summer for office visits.